Sunday, December 22, 2019

We've Moved!

So several changes have taken place here lately. First, while I can't say that I've retired, I'm trying to coin the term "pretirement." Whether or not it catches on, I am currently "pretired." I love what I do professionally I just want to do less of it, while I do even more of the stuff that I love to do that no one pays me to do: camping, hiking, drinking beer, touring the US in our RV, sleeping late then drinking coffee and having sex at 11 am before going back to sleep for another hour, stuff like that.

So, to streamline my efforts I ended up dropping a lot of the things I used to do to help grow and expand my business. In fact, I started going the other direction: shutting down web sites, turning in letters-of-resignation to editors of magazines where I had been creating content for years and years, and blogging much less.

I'm still around, but I almost never speak for adults any more. I almost never write magazine articles any more and if I do the subject matter is obscure and not at all related to how I used to make money. For example, I recently wrote another article on D&D gaming for a comic book called "Knights of the Dinner Table."

The problem with pretirement is that I'm not old enough to tap into our IRAs so we have to bridge the gap between 50 and 62. Sadly, I don't actually have enough cash laying around to sustain us for those years so I'm still doing stuff, but I only do the stuff that is REALLY fun and REALLY easy for me to book. That is, providing the best educational school assembly shows and texas author visits.

So if you know an elementary school administrator in Texas, or a librarian somewhere between Dallas/Fort Worth and Brownsville, TX have them contact me. Otherwise, check out my schedule and if I'm not at a school near you, maybe I'm in an RV in a state park not too far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home